View Single Post
Old 07.20.2006, 08:26 AM   #5
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
there shouldnt be any clashes.
when sonic youth did a day at atp a few years ago, the atp people had made the timetable so that the bands clashed. but then SY turned up and put a stop to that and had it changed so that they just overlapped a bit.
im sure thurston will insist on it. hes gonna wanna see all the bands im sure.
the only thing is, its fucking hard work seeing great bands all day, every day with no break. your back gets tired fast, you get hungry but dont wanna miss a sound, you wanna have some free time, but theres just too many bands...constantly!!!
i found it hard to properly dig each band as i should have due to the high concentration of quality. when all the bands are great, great bands become the norm, and its very hard to get blown away when you slip into that kind of feeling.
thats why im kinda glad that this year i am not that interested in half the bands. ill have more fun if i can go and see bands every few hours, and have enough free time to eat and enjoy the weekend in other ways.
getting the shit knocked out of me by music takes a great deal of energy and i just cant take it more than a few times a day.......it feels like a waste.
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|