View Single Post
Old 10.23.2010, 03:22 PM   #12885
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Hey, GeneticKiss, they made a Columbine: The Movie called ZERO DAY..

Also, gotta love DUCK! THE CARBINE HIGH SCHOOL MASSACRE!

which is fun.

In all seriousness, I like Gus Van Sant okay, he's certainly not overrated (no one really knows who he is by name except some internet people, despite the popularity of Good Will Hunting, Finding Forrester, and Milk) I LOVE Mala Noche and LOVE My Own Private Idaho and LOVE Drugstore Cowboy and LOVE LOVE LOVE Gerry. And, uh, that's it. But Elephant and Last Days both have some really great, artistic directing (also, as far as Elephant not being based on true events, he's went on record and said his so-called "death trilogy" are "three films based on deaths that occurred in real life", so....). And, no, I wouldn't call him pretentious at all (though I wouln't call almost any pretentious, aside from Brad Ford Cocks and, eh, that Spielberg-wannabe asshole Trauffaunt!), he's just an interesting director who often misfires badly but at least he always does different things -- he's kinda wild, actually, always interesting.. I don't think there is any one movie that's indicative of his style, his films all feel like they were made by different directors. TO DIE FOR certainly doesn't feel like it was made by the same guy who made PARANOID PARK for example.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|