View Single Post
Old 09.25.2017, 07:03 PM   #21576
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Homunculus as small person or homunculus as ghost in the machine-type-thing/phantom dude chillin’ in one’s prefrontal cortex?

Based on context clues, I’m guessing small person. But i don’t remember this part of the movie. Whatever.

Anyway, the relationship in the movie is creepy. It’s also funny, but it’s creepy and fucked up, and it was creepy and fucked up when the movie came out. At least a little bit.

But time has definitely had an impact on it. It’s kinda like... well, most romance films from the ‘50s and ‘60s, that have an air of casual but still pretty brutal sexism. Or, like, have you ever seen the “White Christmas” pre-quel/inspiration “Holiday Inn?” It’s kinda like that. Like, I’m sure it was adorable to have Bing Crosby perform in blackface in 1952, signing about how Lincoln freed them slaves, but it’s hard to watch that shit now and see it as anything other than totally fucked up.

Technically not pedophilia if she was 18 though. Still gross.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|