View Single Post
Old 05.24.2017, 06:17 PM   #256
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I've honestly been way more into "old" albums this year than new ones. But um, let me take a look at what I've got saved to my Albums folder in Spotify right now since we're almost mid-year...

Bush - Black And White Rainbows
It sounds like a Bush album. Which is either good or bad depending on if you like Bush albums. I do.

Charli XCX - Number 1 Angel
This is pretty good. She called it a mixtape I guess. Which I don't know. Just means it's not really radio singles or soemthing? Whatever. It's pretty good. I'll prob listen to it more in the summer when the weather fits better.

Elliott Smith - Either/Or: Expanded Edition
Good stuff on here. I mean classic album of course. But the live stuff is very good as well.

Flaming Lips - Oczy Mlody/Onboard The International Space Station
Oczy has grown on me consistently. I keep meaning to listen to the "live" album but I keep forgetting to actually do so.

Gorillaz - Humanz
I've only heard the singles so far. Kind of meh on it. I love Gorillaz, but I don't think I'm in the mood right now. Again, maybe as the weather warms up.

Grandaddy - Last Place
solid album. If you like Grandaddy, you'll like this (I think).

Kendrick - Damn
(I don't do stylized album titles haha). This is certainly good. Better for me than TPAB and UU.

Mark Lanegan - Gargoyle
keeping meaning to listen to this. bah.

Ryan Adams - Prisoner/Prisoner B-Sides
Prisoner is amazing. I love this album so much. The B-Sides I haven't really absorbed yet. They're good but I just haven't spent as much time w/ them.

Soundgarden - Supermega OK: Expanded Reissue
(embarrassed) I actually never heard this album until the reissue. I knew Badmotorfinger and Superunknown and Down On THe Upside... This is really good tho. I'm glad I finally got around to it.

Spoon - Hot Thoughts
Great great album. Spoon is such a consistent band, man.

Thundercat - Drunk
dig this quite a bit. Has some pretty weird Zappa/Duke type stuff going on.

Thurston Moore - Rock N Roll Consciousness
I should listen to this already.

Guardians Of The Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 2
great collection of old tunes. Just like Vol. 1 was.

DAMN. is better than TPAB and untitled unmastered. It just is.

Also, it's Ultramega OK. Unless they named the reissue something else. But I think "ultra" trumps "super" anyway.

Weird that you haven't listened to the new Thurston. Do that!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|