Thread: French bands
View Single Post
Old 04.03.2008, 02:39 PM   #1
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Reading the Deity Guns thread, I just wanted to know what french bands you guys know. Of course from the exterior it might appear that not loads of great french bands exist (except from the very known electronic acts, like Daft Punk, Air or Justice) - which is actually true, there is not really loads of great great bands up there, though there is a great math rock scene -, so I thought I'd also give you a few bands I recommand to you, alphabetically and without any genre classification:

37500 Yens (math-rock / hardcore)
Aside From A Day (hardcore)
Binaire (electro/noise/punk)
Cercueil (strange electro)
Cheval de Frise (math-rock)
Chevreuil (math-rock)
Gâtechien (math-rock)
Gomm (post-punk)
Marvin (noise-rock)
L'Objet (math-rock with a cold-wave touch)
Pneu (math-rock)
Principles Of Geometry (electronica)
Rhesus (pop/rock)
Sweet Apple Pie (psychedelic pop)

Those are new bands, I think you guys probably already know classic french bands (Thugs, Bästärd, Sister Iodine...), but I don't know if you know Diabologum; if you don't check them (album: #3) and the two bands that came after they split, Experience and Programme, because they're really good
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|