View Single Post
Old 04.14.2016, 05:09 PM   #11
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Cold turkey, go away somewhere where access to cigs is limited (like the country) and you don't have your regular daily routine.
Be mindful that your brain will try and trick you and tell you it's been x amount of time and so it must be OK to at least try just one cigarette, just a puff or two. Don't fall for this, or you'll be back to square one before you know it.
These are the mile stones that seemed significant to me when I quit.
1 day
3 days
2 weeks
1 month
<1 year (this was when I stopped carrying a lighter around, I forget exactly when)
1 year
2.5 years (this is how long it took me to shake off the desire to smoke when drinking)

It's really tough, but if you can quit smoking you're hardcore.
Also sometime after you quit and the battle is no longer present in your mind and is largely forgotten, you'll find yourself in some situation or other and remember that this was the sort of time that you would normally have lit a cig and what a distant feeling that now is. And when that happens you'll feel great.

Having said all this it took me 10 years of repeated attempts to finally quit, but now it been 5 years since I did.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|