View Single Post
Old 09.04.2007, 02:18 AM   #31
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealglenstyler
oddly, I love all the tracks individually off this record a lot but have almost zero affection for the album as a whole, which makes no sense. I guess it just don't work as an album for me, too long, though how you would choose what to leave off I can't even begin to imagine.

I'm kind of there with you. I really like listening to songs off of the record, but rarely want to listen to it all the way through. When it came out, I was thrilled to get so much new Sonic Youth all at once that I played it to death straight through, but these days I don't do that very often. It sound more like a big collection of songs than an album too. A lot of really great songs, but not a cohesive song cycle. I feel that way about EJST&NS too. Aside from those two records, nearly all Sonic Youth albums are albums first, collections of individual tracks second, so it does make me less into them.

Though of course "less into" a Sonic Youth record for me usually means "really like it" just not quite to "love it".
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|