View Single Post
Old 03.23.2007, 12:52 AM   #18
fluxequalsrad
stalker

fluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's assesfluxequalsrad kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatherskite
They had some good hits, but what do you do with the rest of the album tracks? Toss 'em. Sorry, Billy, I hate SP. I don't think they're worse than STP, though.

Siamese Dream - Is a quintessential album that if held away from billy's big-bald ego, (his antics now are even worse), is an amazing album with top notch production and is a completely original perfect blend of shoegazey-prog-pop.

Even though I know most people here have heard the pumpkins and the majority of those people have also probably heard alot of album tracks too, just give the pumpkins a chance with the songs "Hummer" + "Rocket", both of them have incredible guitar playing, top notch fuzz, Billy's lyrics at his best (at best being uplifting, we're not talking Idioteque or anything obtuse)

Hummer- this song showcases everything the pumpkins can do in an epic two-parter. The guitar solo (3:09-3:36) is the best guitar solo ever and rolls right off perfectly into the climax of the song. After that the song drifts into an unbelievable quiet-drifty coda with another amazing but subtle guitar solo. (I hold this song up to the same level as Karenology or any other Sonic Epic.)

Rocket
- An unbelievable layering of an endless number of perfect guitar leads that all could have been the highlight of the song occurs at (3:22-3:35), on top of that this song is perfect pop and doesn't have any pretentious Billy Corgan crap but instead is as huge as he thinks his music is.

I really would like to hear any objective criticisms of these songs because they're just so fucking good.
fluxequalsrad is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|