View Single Post
Old 03.09.2018, 11:34 AM   #49432
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
you're trolling me aren't you?

For me personally, Metallica was always... eh. My first real exposure to them was the black album, but this was around the same time that Nirvana/Pearl Jam/RHCP came into my world. I was what? 10? 11? And this was really when music started to matter to me. So really Metallica at that time was like "oh I like a few songs," but I lumped them in w/ like GnR as this sort of lame testosterony rock that stuff like Nirvana was the antithesis to.

In high school it was all the meatheads that were into Metallica. Load and all that was huge for them. Wasn't there a Some Kind Of Monster soundtrack too? I don't remember. SO I kind of stayed away/hated it by association of that group of high school jerks.

As stated, I did find something interesting about S&M at the time. Because it actually seemed interesting, and maybe outside the comfort zone of usual Metallica fans? I don't know.

So I didn't really come around to the band until like 2008 when everyone here was into Death Magnetic. I feel like my reaction was "wait, what? You guys like Metallica? Really?" - which I imagine is how everyone thought of me talking about Korn at the time so whatevs. So then I did kind of give them more of a shot and revisit things and explore more.

I'm still not a big fan or anythign, but I respect them more. This conversation even has me more interested again.

I've heard most of the studio albums. At least up through Reload. Or St. Anger.

I've always been interested in Live Shit: Binge & Purge, and Garage Inc. Can anyone speak on the quality of those?

I've also always meant to watch Some Kind Of Monster, as I've heard it's pretty fascinating.

Oh fuck off. I feel like you guys just made me interested in Metallica again. :\

The black album was my first introduction to Metallica too. It's not a shit album like Sev says. The second half of the album (save for Of Wolf And Man) is whatever, but the first half? Man, I was obsessed with those songs when I was a teen. Having said that, I cold quite happily never listen to Nothing Else Matters again. The mopey "i'm in love and it hurts" ruined that song for me.

Some Kind Of Monster is easily one of the best documentaries out there. Easily. Just miss too much from cringing so much. Paying a psychiatrist $50,000 a week (was it that much?) to tell you how to get your shit together is next level stuff.

Live Shit Binge and Purge was great from what I remember. Say what you like about them, they know how to do a great gig.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|