View Single Post
Old 05.05.2006, 06:51 AM   #56
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris(original)
Rather Ripped is easily SY's best album since Washing Machine. Easily. But, it probably won't connect with those who got into SY during the Jim O'Rourke era, and that's ok and understandable as well.

But most fans of older SY(probably Goo through Washing Machine era) will like/love this album much more than the previous 3 albums.

Interesting. I can somehow see what you are getting at, although I'm skeptical of agreement. Rather Ripped is definetly a grower, by that I mean it takes more than one listen for one to enjoy it. Besides the fact that the record could be 12 variations of peace attack and kim chords, it is a solid album. Exactly how Thurston described it, a total "rocker" of a record, RR is provkingly different from the ATL or MS sprawl that I grew to love, maybe it is a album for people who got into them during the goo-WM era, who knows. The songs from back them seem to have the straight up delivery that RR has, many have said that SY has taken a step back or regressed, but I believe that they have changed their direction, perhaps a sonic purge.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|