View Single Post
Old 05.23.2019, 07:24 AM   #2799
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
thanks.

it was 4. i watched 4 full episodes. the stoning happens at the start of 5.

the first episode i looked at carefully and said no. the other 3 were 2nd chance to hook me.the scene was not the reason, it was only the last straw. why suffer?

currently im in no mood for the ongoing depressive state of a whole planet just watching people suffer suffer suffer suffer suffer. cops, violence, suffering. dogs shot, deers eaten. teenage sport fucking. then more suffering and reading little notes and all those pain faces. “heroes”. smoking for faith. the mystical roulette pigeons and the 3 days late dr who. all suffering. everyone fucking sad and angry. the annoying mayor. false memory tropes. stolen baby jesus. mystical cults and prophets. police brutality, paranoia and persecution. magical babies? many flashbacks. real? divorce papers. “don’t forget me” lighters. the organized theft of family photos. it made me tired...

watching true detective season 3 was hard enough, but at least carmen ejogo was in it, lol.

so, maybe i’ll have a new look at this thing around halloween season or something, since hbo is extra $. i know you watch horror all the time but i must have it in limited doses.

plus right now i already have a soap opera of suffering, and it’s called teresa’s troubles, haa haaa haaaaa.

looking for a title for the upcoming boris series. not sure if it will be tragedy or farce...

Hey, if you’re not in the mood for a bleak show, I get that.

I’ll take “maybe I’ll revisit around Halloween” as a win, and thank you for the reconsideration.

I mean, the show is depressing. I dunno about false memory tropes... but it’s a goddamn dark beast... truly.

I paced myself and spent about 3 weeks on it because it was just too goddamn heavy to binge all at once, but by S1E4, you’ve only scratched the surface of what the show is about. By the end — heck, by the next season — it’s something entirely different.

But yeah, revisit around Halloween. Or some time when you’re more of a mind for bleak things and not, y’know, sunny, cheerful shows like GoT, where nobody gets hurt and stuff works out.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|