Thread: the other news
View Single Post
Old 02.26.2019, 06:47 PM   #161
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
The one thing I do have trouble with as a Leave voter who sees my opposition to the EU in 'Leftist' terms is that my vote has undoubtedly benefitted the Right more than it has the Left, although I think this is largely down to prominent Euro-sceptic figures on the Left (like Corbyn) shying away from the debate in the build-up to the referendum, essentially handing the Brexit campaign to figures like Farage and Boris Johnson.

But I still stand by my decision and only wish arguments like the one made below had been more widely published

https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/1...a-real-brexit/
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

that is a huge eye opener for me. i have never heard these arguments before. now i get why may is getting shafted in brussels. no means no means no means no and that is that.

now i dont agree with the guyks proposal really—he’s calling for one type of central planning to replace another. state-directed economic development etc., “industry” as if it could be conjured out of thin air, etc.

but national central planning is at least more local than continent-wide planning.

and i see what he means by the tyrannical power of the bureaucracy...

and he’s right you should have prepared for no deal from the start...

but what about the european parliament and the rotating presidence? makes no difference or what? can they not alter the bureaucracy’s programs??
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|