View Single Post
Old 08.25.2017, 01:37 PM   #18
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I discovered them because I turned off the radio to hear something different. Not because I think that only garbage is on the radio. Sonic Youth is my favorite band by far. But that doesn't make me dislike things that are less challenging, or less cool or whatever.

At any rate, the fact that this is a SY msg board was what made this thread interesting to me. On a board consisting mostly of folks who don't listen to the radio, what "radio songs" are ones that happen to just shut you up? That kind of thing. Was really just trying to spark conversation.

But yeah, I also tend to think that just because there's talk of music that you deem "bad," it shouldn't stop you from talking about music that you deem "good." I don't necessarily think we all have to agree on what's good or bad, but there's more interesting music discussions we could have than "I remember when we used to talk about good music," yeah?