View Single Post
Old 09.21.2019, 12:50 PM   #5735
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Finished the “His Dark Materials” series, and now I’m reading the sequel to “The Handmaid’s Tale” that just came our - “The Testaments.”

Honestly I’m enjoying it more than Handmaid, which I respect conceptually, but don’t particularly love in terms of style and flow. Quite a pretentious tone, to be honest. I vastly prefer the (also sometimes pretentious) show to the book, but Testaments is written much differently. More in the style of a political thriller. Still plenty of guessing and uncertainty, but more direct and clips right along at a smooth and satisfying pace.

Also it has this whole Trump thing to kind of indirectly lean on as reference material. I’m enjoying it.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|