View Single Post
Old 01.06.2016, 06:32 PM   #47639
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Planet Waves kind of sucks

The album as a whole may not be his finest, but "Going, Going, Gone" is one of his best songs. Richard Hell sure agrees with me! Anyway, there's a great story told by Joni Mitchell about that album vs Court And Spark:

Quote:
[...] Right at the time I made Court And Spark, which was my most successful album, David Geffen was trying to sign Dylan for what turned out to be the Planet Waves project. David and I were sharing a house. I'd been working on Court And Spark under his nose, and maybe he heard it through too many stages, but I knew I was making something special.

I was so excited the night I finished it. I brought it back to the house and played it. There were a bunch of people there, including Dylan. I played Court And Spark for everyone, and Bobby fell asleep and snored all the way through it. When the record came to an end, the people went, "Huh?"

Then they played Planet Waves and everybody jumped up and down. There was so much enthusiasm. Now, Planet Waves wasn't one of Bobby's best projects, and I hadn't expected it to be a competitive situation, but for the first time in my career I felt this sibling rivalry. It was an ordinary record for Bobby, a transitional piece, and yet everybody was cheering. Finally, one of the women took me aside and said, "Don't pay them any attention. Those boys have no ears."

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|