View Single Post
Old 12.03.2012, 09:40 AM   #34773
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Started an 18 hours hospital shift at 2:00 PM this afternoon. At 9:45 PM tonight, I almost watched my father-in-law die. The Respiratory Therapist started a breathing collar as they wanted my father-in-law to go another three hours off the ventalator (successfully completed three hours this morning).

The first hour passes with no problems. Ten minutes into hour number two, my father-in-law becomes panicked mouthing he can't breath. I stand at his bedside trying to reasure him by reminding him to breath and he sakes his head in agreement. A few minutes later, his heart rate drops very low and the color is gone from his face and foam starts flowing from his mouth (oh so scarry). Several nurses entered the room (one with a crash cart) and the Respiratory Therapist bags his throat. More foam out of the mouth, the eyes open and he is halfway smiling at all the people standing around his bed.

One nurse said, "you scared us" and he mouthed, "me too." Let me type, "me three." It happened soooo fast.

WOW WOW WOW - don't know how I could have called my wife or mother-in-law and told them he died during my watch.

holy shit ! how does this story end up in the "irrelevant" thread i don't know!! cuz this is as real & relevant as it gets! daaaamn! BEST WISHES TO YOUR FAMILY BYTOR.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|