View Single Post
Old 11.03.2008, 04:10 PM   #91
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
listening to turangalia. so far (1 minute in) its amazing.
although i think that we are confusing a major difference in this thread- atonakl vs noise. big difference. i am also guilty of that. noise is more sound that cannot be notaded (like feedback), although that guy that nataded metal machine music might have ruined that theory. so i wouldnt consider cage, messaein, and the likes as noise. pandoreki (who i am guilty of adding to the list) might be borderline (but way more towards atonal) because while the notes are not notaded, the dynamics and timbres are. so i dont know. what actually qualifies as noise according to you guys?
and glice, whats wrong with messaens bird music? i have never heard it but have wanted to for a while....

I thought we were OT more than anything else.

It's a real shame Noumenal doesn't post here any more - a real shame.

Messiaen's bird music just isn't that gripping is all.

There's a few different ideas of what noise is (he says simply). Some of them tend to lean toward the idea of the enharmonic, some (boo) toward the melodically strange, some towards stochasticism/ indeterminacy, some toward the idea that mastubatory teenagers with distortion pedals is a 'good thing'. I personally haven't really made my mind up, but I'd say I care a lot less than I used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|