View Single Post
Old 05.10.2015, 09:28 AM   #775
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Also, i adore be quiet and drive. That intro hits me as hard as it did 17 years ago when i first heard it but neither it nor any thing on Around The Fur are in drop D, steph plays seven string. Oh, to be sure i play that entire album on my own guitar from beginning to end (literally) in a drop Db BUT steph is playing them in a standard tuning on 7string downtuned a half step

Ah yes, I had almost completely forgotten about the ridiculous 7 string trend. Still, it amounts to roughly the same thing. I'm a little embarrassed that I made such an egregious error, but It's been a while since I listened to these guys. I like to fuck around with drop tunings myself, but it's usually to record rhythm parts that have a more "Good Morning Captain Outro" type of feel than to play out and out metal.

I'm glad you had fun at the show. For all my shit talking, I actually have a lot of respect for Deftones. Saw them at (blegh) Warped tour way back when, and they saved me from wasting the entire price of a ticket.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|