View Single Post
Old 06.28.2015, 01:26 AM   #46981
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
of course it is. sounds like rush, and rush (sucky as they were in many ways) were one of the last gasps of prog before it was chucked out of the window by punk.

the ONLY reason people say "math" and "mathy" is because they're ashamed to say prog. it's just fucking hipster posturing. but it is what it is.

look, punk couldn't last forever. the ramones did something great but they were also very fucking boring because all the songs sounded the same. after punk, people wanted to play music again. more than 2 chords. but hey, they just had been making fun of this complex shit you couldn't dance to! so, they waited, then cleaned up the excesses and threw out the elves and the costumes and the hippie hair and called it "math".

math is... prog by gen-xers

enjoy your sons-of-rush album dude.

i'm going to go listen to some prog-punk deerhoof now.
Rush is to me only band I like that could call neoprog. All that other stuff sucks (always hated for example Dream Theater). Prog is so large scale of different bands. The direction I love the most is just that melodic direction that was in the end of sixties and the begin of seventies. I think mellotron is the instrument from god!

I could call Minutemen and Nomeansno punkprog. They got punkattitude but songs structures from prog. But can you call Captain Beefheart & Frank Zappa prog? Never done it, but I think you can.

I am not also the biggest Ramones fan, but like Motörhead, something glamorous they have. It´s the "we invent a wheel, why do it again?"
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|