View Single Post
Old 04.25.2008, 05:21 PM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
All Deftones records are great.

Static-X - Wisconsin Death Trip
Hilarious, energetic, and entertanining "death disco". Actually managed to take Ministry's sound and do something interesting with it.

Slipknot - Self-Titled
They actually do something with the 9 members on some of these songs. At times, it approaches (no kidding) SYMPHONIC NOISE ROCK. Other times, not so much... but yeah, the early stuff didn't sound like a Biohazard wannabe.

Spineshank - Height of Callousness
See above.

NOFX - The Decline
I absolutely fucking hate this band... yet there's something about an 18 minute punk song that I think is pretty cool. There's actually a few decent parts on here, so it mostly wins and is worth a listen.

V/A - Short Songs for Short People
Okay, I'm kind of cheating here, but there are so many awful bands on this compilation of 101 bands, but they're each doing 30 second songs. And, let's face it, it's hard for a punk band to write a shitty 30 second song. Features the only songs I've ever liked by Pennywise and Green Day, not to mention Bad Religion's best song! Ridiculous.

System of a Down - Self-Titled
One of the best records of all time. I don't understand your Mr. Bungle comparison, but ... anyway, "Soil" is an amazing, amazing song.

Chevelle - Point # 1
There's loads of good songs on here, even though the guy is trying his hardest to rip off Tool. Steve Albini produced, haha.

Fantomas - Director's Cut
Fantomas are a band who just try too hard and have a bunch of songs that don't do anything at all except make you wish you were listening to Naked City instead. Though I appreciate them changing a bit on every album, I don't tnink they have any really good songs -- especially not when you see the talent that comprises the band. HOWEVER, this album is really good.

KoRn - KoRn/Life is Peachy
A double whammy. 2 great records, even though this band has, what, 9? Loaded with dark production, insane guitar "riffs", and AWESOME drumming.

Limp Bizkit - 3 Dolla Bill Y'All$
Entertaining from every angle with dark production and actual decent songwriting.

Ween - The Mollusk
Features about 3 decent Ween songs, more than any other record.

Eminem - Slim Shady LP/Marshall Mather LP
Both are hilarious.

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
This band is awful, but there are about 3 or 4 really cool songs on here.

Rage Against the Machine - Evil Empire
This band is AWFUL and embarassing, but I can't deny that the songwriting is original and the riffs are pretty crazy so it's an entertaining enough record...

AMEN - complete discography
I think this is one of the lamest bands I've ever heard, yet I really enjoy their records. All their lyrics and ideas are silly as fuck... but they have some really interesting riffs and amazing drumming.. I dunno. They're lame... but their records are cool...

That's all I can think of.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|