View Single Post
Old 07.29.2016, 09:56 AM   #53
billygannon
empty page

billygannon has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
Completely. Many bands have those "transitional" albums in their careers, and I have always seen Washing Machine as the absolute best "transitional" album of all time, on so many different levels. Musically, instrumentally, their lives in general, etc... Just so many levels that all add up to a thing of beauty for me. It may sound hippy dippy, but that is always how I have felt. And too be even more cheesy, it came along during my teens at a very transitional period in my life and in my musical development. It was a time in life where I truly felt I had "learned who I was" and was confident in the decisions of liking what I liked for reasons I liked, if that makes any sense. When I was ready to take the next steps of becoming "me" and letting go of social and peer pressures (very Dr. Phil, I know...but it's just how it is).

Washing Machine is simply, hands-down, my favorite album of all time. I am going to go play it now (likely on repeat).

You know... it's one of my favourite albums too. I call it my Afternoon Album.
Like you I listened to it as a teenager... but now I'm a dad... it makes more sense to me.

There are a bunch of albums recorded in Easley McCain at that time I absolutely love:
Starlite Walker by Silver Jews
Under the Bushes, Under the Stars by GBV (well, part of this album was...)
Pacer by The Amps

and now I'm listening to the Grifters, who are great.

But Washing Machine is really spinning around in my head at the moment...

Sorry for the bad pun!
billygannon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|