View Single Post
Old 01.15.2011, 12:00 AM   #6
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
All 3 guitar techs interviewed in the zine w/ the SY signature guitars suggest that they remove the apparently complicated electronics from Jazzmasters to avoid them failing on stage. I guess the idea is that if all you have is a volume knob, there's less circuitry to malfunction. I forget, do they even have pickup selectors?

i would have to agree with the above assessment, as well as the previous post about the tone improvement without the tone pot, well its actually an improvement in volume... as there is some theoretical loss of volume by having extra wiring and components to travel thru by having a tone section. i for one rarely touch the tone knob on a guitar and leave it at max., that is why i've started removing the tone pot and by-passing them and having a only a volume knob on some of my cheaper axes (all-parts jazzblaster and a jagmaster).

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|