View Single Post
Old 05.21.2016, 09:09 AM   #195
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I went to see Bern NIx Quartet at Shapeshifter, they were listed at 7:00 and then some other group at 8:15. I got there at 7:20 and nothing was happening, other than a wall sized video of some authoriatrian black woman speaking in that incontrovertible voice about how everything is the fault of white privilege. At 8:30 the other band started to play, meaning Nix wouldn't be playing until 10 pm and I had to leave, as I had an early am wakeup, the only reason I went is they were advertised to play at 7:00. They shouldn't be called shapeshifter, they should be called time vampire. This is why I don't go to shows anymore, the whole alcohol based music culture is a series of time vampires, stealing my life.

I got the same thing happening in my burg, but I think it's cheap legal weed and complete non-professionalism that does it here. Show listed doors at 7, show at 8, like 9, 9:30 rolls around, "you want to go on?", "Oh, I don't know...". Funny thing, though, I show up late for one, the headliner played first and was halfway thru their set when I got there. (That was a one time deal so far, though.) I'm glad I don't work anymore, but even when I did, I hated that shit! I do get to see some good stuff by staying late, but some of the chronically chronomically challenged venues and artists I just don't go to at all..
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|