View Single Post
Old 01.26.2018, 11:52 AM   #1945
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
This is true in a general sense, but it is a very big leap to equate choosing a daily wardrobe to creating a whole new persona in a new gender.

not a new gender. just DRAG. wearing a costume.

you realize there’s drag performers who wear a business suit and carry a briefcase to look like corporate executives? it’s not only about gender.

(and corporate executives are in drag too. )

Quote:
I actively work and have worked for my whole life to NOT judge people based on superficiality, of which clothing choice is the most obvious. One's clothes mean NOTHING of substance when it comes to the inner human. . They mean everything to people whose whole existence depends on the world's reaction to their fake ass persona..

right, i also pay very little attention to clothes in general. but i know they work. people hear me different when i wear a suit and a good haircut vs. when i look like a deranged cave dweller.

the inner human is not readily accessible to everyone. people make snap judgments all the time based on a kind of neural economy. we only have so much cpu power so we unconsciously resort to shortcuts.

that’s why i was careful to clarify above: in social life we wear masks. social.

Quote:
(for example, I love sports, and sometimes wear a Oilers, Texans, Astros, Rockets jersey. To me, it is a way to show my interest in the team. However, I constantly run into idiots who think my wearing of a football jersey means deep things about who I am INSIDE. They think I must also find "fags" abhorrent, that I support sport over intellectual pursuits, that I could not possible be an artist or a well-read intellectual, or enjoy pursuits that are ridiculously far removed from competitive physical sport. Most people are every narrow-minded, whether by nature and/or nurture, and can only conceive a symbol standing for ONE THING. These are the idiots who use the word "liberal" or "conservative" as pejoratives. They think that wearing a team jersey indicates you are a real MAN! who likes manly things like hunting, raping unconscious women, obsessing over inanimate motor vehicles, etc.

you’re right, but that’s the way it works. not everybody is a philosopher and a certain uniform will place you in a certain social category whether you like it or not.

i myself have thought of buying soccer jerseys and things like that but am afraid of the type of douchenostril and unwanted conversation such displays will attract. so i haven’t.

Quote:
Just because I have to love in these idiot's world does not mean their value judgements matter to me.

you don’t have to agree with them (i myself don’t) but since we have to live in their world their value judgments end up mattering anyway. we get socially sorted.

Quote:
The world of drag is infinitely more insular, rigorous, and quite cut-throat and petty, even before you expose it to the hetero world, all due to the devotion to artifice. You should read about the horrid way straight men who happen to do drag get treated by the homosexuals that do drag.

oh yeah i believe that. i never claimed it was a saintly community of enlightened beings bathing in their mutual agapé. it’s more comparable to sports— or game of thrones maybe. a battle of egos.but... that’s entertainment.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|