View Single Post
Old 10.09.2009, 03:48 AM   #107
looking glass spectacle
100%

looking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asseslooking glass spectacle kicks all y'all's asses
well... i had the good fortune to share pizza, soda and several hours of conversation with hal foster and six other graduate students last week, and he says "i'm not really sure what's going on in the art world right now... and i'm not sure anyone else is either."

that evening he proceeded to give a lecture on the revival of modernist approaches to architecture (which he calls a Second Modernity) , basically rehashing what terence riley wrote ten years ago in "Light Architecture," when this new modernist stuff started getting built by people like peter zumthor. for q&a he said he'd field questions on any topic - not just the lecture - but it came across like he didn't want to talk about the paper he'd just delivered. i was a little underwhelmed.

looking glass spectacle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|