View Single Post
Old 04.13.2010, 08:51 PM   #34899
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Now see, both great tracks for sure, but that's largely for me because I mean like shit, it's got Hubbard, Rivers, Hill, Davis, Chambers... But the actual vibes part? Not crazy about it. Maybe with time it'll come...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
now I'm listening to Donald Byrd's STEPPING INTO TOMORROW over and over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGnu1DYv9wE

Whereas here I have no problem with the vibes, because they just seem to fit better. I know I'm sounding like a bit of jazz fascist here probably, which I really don't want to.... I guess I just kind of have different places in my listening for more classic sounding jazz and weird fusiony stuff, and I can't yet slot vibes comfortably into the former.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|