Thread: Sonic Death
View Single Post
Old 03.23.2007, 07:43 PM   #2
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
it depends in which sonic youth "stage" you are at the moment. I bought it back then when I knew only Goo. I wasn't ready for that album back then. It was too much noise for me, not anymore tho. listen to it after couple of years and absolutely liking it. it's not album for Goo and Dirty "type of fan", but I don't think it's your case. once you are registered on this forum, I assume that you're more then Goo and Dirty "type", hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el duderino
my basic impression from what i've read about it is that its a rather violent collage of sound, samples, tapeloops and live tracks.

exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el duderino
Do you think it works? And how would you compare it to the other early recordings?

what you can hear is CIS in its beginnings recorded in Europe, now I'm not sure if in US as well. what other early recordings you think of? like White Columns Gallery boot?
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|