View Single Post
Old 10.25.2016, 07:32 PM   #1415
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
^^ yes but if you read the article i linked youll see that trump is not the creator of that narrative but rather its beneficiary

fox news, breitbart, limbaugh in the 90s... theyre the ones that have been spinning those alt-realities/hyperrealities for decades now

trump is just cashing in on them

I'm not giving the guy an author credit. I'm just saying his recent over reliance on the "rigged election" accusations are playing into fears and insecurities that he knows damn well are there. Naw, he's not the architect of the greater narrative. That began long ago as you said.

But it's still sad that he's finding any foothold at all with this tactic. "Everyman Donald Trump" here to pull the curtain back on the corrupt system... for us! ... People buy that -- why, I couldn't begin to say -- and again it boggles the mind how willing people are to accept this guy's promises. Do none of these untrusting, disaffected anti-government voters not wonder why on earth they should trust what THIS political hopeful is saying?

It's almost like half the nation had no real idea of who Trump was prior to his bid. Like they think... "hmm, wealthy, successful, powerful" and that's the extent of their mental scheme for Le Donald. Did none of these people live through the '80s and '90s?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|