View Single Post
Old 08.12.2019, 03:07 AM   #7003
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Firstly: r.e. the US not making the top 10 for mass shootings, that's another good example of lies, damned lies, and statistics. Most of the high-ranked countries are small, and I'd be willing to bet that those are all one incident with a dozen rather than twenty with four or so.

If you're in a country with reasonable gun laws, then you need to put in a lot of effort and foreplanning into your would-be massacres, so they're undoubtedly more effective. In the US, meanwhile, where effectively anybody can go get a rifle, it's a lot easier for your randoms to just get four or five down. Sounds grim, but it's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Unlike me??? Please do explain!
(I kinda regret teaching you how to add images from mobile.)

In my young lifetime, three people have been US president: Bush II, Obama, and Trump. From my perspective (probably naive), Obama's easily been the best - but I'll still criticise him for things he did, like expanding the drone strike program and ignoring Russia's developing influence in US politics. If it turns out that Obama's policies were bad for the US in the long-term (it's too early to tell, surely), I'll definitely reconsider.

Likewise, I'll begrudgingly accept Trump's done a good job at cooling things off with North Korea. However, he's done plenty wrong, something that almost everyone will admit - except for the most rusted-on MAGA chuds.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|