View Single Post
Old 10.28.2014, 02:25 PM   #18288
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
syfy already did a Dune mini-series, witha very limited special fx budget. Not too good. I like the insane archaicness of the movie.

yes, lynch did great w/ the set designs etc. i always figured herbert was talking in code about ey-rabs in dune (w/ the spice being oil). then again he smoked some fantastic hawaiian weed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Sex & Lucia used to be my wife's favorite movie. she'd watch it all the time, then she finally goaded me into watching it with her (we did a film swap. she watched Glengarry Glenross, whcih she hated because she cannot stand to see older men humiliated) and we watched Sex & Lucia and I misunderstood the entire thing, and she said I ruined it for her.

I found it a very boring movie where about 20 minutes worht of plot happens in an hour and a half.

i don't remember much about it to be honest but i remember liking it (netflix also keeps track of my likes/dislikes ha ha). glengarry glenross is fucking awesome though! david mamet can be great. have you seen "house of games"? also written by him-- similar kind of theatrical dialogue. it's pretty fucking great.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|