Thread: Mix Tapes
View Single Post
Old 07.20.2006, 07:24 AM   #16
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
They've been doing this for some time on another forum I use, and this is how it works:

One trusted boardie acts as the hub. He or she recieves a tape from each person involved. They then distribute the tapes randomly, one to each sender. The recipient does not know what the music is on the tape he or she recieves, and does not know whose tape it is. Ideally, each recipient then writes a little review of the tape that they recieved. Going by convention, such a scheme on this board would involve the taping of music OTHER than Sonic Youth. At the start of each 'round', addresses are sent by pm to the organiser and a deadline is set for tapes to arrive.

If one person keeps control, then it means that the tapes distributed are anonymous, and it means that people aren't put in awkward positions (ie they don't have to reveal their address to a board nemesis!).

I suppose to cover postage, a small amount of cash could be sent to the organiser along with the cassette?

That's it, really.

Sounds a good place to start to me. I would happily volunteer to coordinate if enough people were interested.

I'll wait for further interest & whether everybody is ok with the kind of arrangement Hip Priest is suggesting.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|