View Single Post
Old 11.19.2019, 06:51 PM   #52008
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Weyes Blood - Rough Trade Session (EP)

A condensed, stripped-down cut with the perfomances of three of the (imho) best tracks of the most recent album. Her voice can really shine with this arrangement. If I were to nitpick, then I'd say it's a pity that arguably the most impressive track of the album - its showstopping opener "A Lot's Gonna Change" was reduced to a short instrumental intro. And granted, the featured tracks had added layers of arrangement on the album that worked in their favor. But it's a really solid release that perfectly accentuates both the vocal and songwriting skills of Weyes Blood and all of the tracks I thought were kind of meandering on Titanic Rising are blissfully absent. So I enjoyed it a lot more than the album. Highly recommended.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|