View Single Post
Old 08.02.2010, 08:05 PM   #36
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
for artsy--

see, some months ago knox protested about naked women and big asses, and asked to keep them confined to some threads, a bunch of us said ok, fine. there was some conversation at the time, a bit bizarre, but eh, it was some sort of dialogue.

when i posted that photo linked above i was talking about female goddess figures before the bronze age, when the female body was revered for its fertility and not for it's "virginity". my mind free associated of course, like minds tend to do, and i posted the picture of a woman that for me would be a much better religious figure (in the old context i mention-- paleolithic, pre-bronze age). i have spoken before, here and elsewhere, of a "cult of bellucci" and the "church of zeta", and there is even some academic discourse (camille paglia, who was fashionable in the 90s but no more) that claims that celebrities offer the same role as the deities of antiquity for our modern minds. part of this was in the back of my head and i didn't expound on it cuz i didn't want to write a paper-- it's a message board. but i did point at it and it wasn't gratuitous. the photo had a context.

then of course i posted the picture, finding nothing wrong with it.

of course, none of this mattered or was taken into account, because it was a naked woman oh my god let's paint some clothes on that sistine chapel and wrap david in a towel.

knox was drunk when she saw the photo & started ranting some utter nonsense directed at me, and i whas like "WTF"?

she took offense or something, and sent me a PM that i discovered later and which she asked me not to repost in which she claimed that i had "disappointed" her and i was a hypocrite and all manner of demented nonsense-- self-righteouness ran amok. the only possible answer to a PM like that would be to grovel like a miserable dog. so i told her to fuck off.

if the picture bothered her (go figure why it would, but if it bothered her) all she had to do was to ask me to take it down without going into hystrionics and i would have no problem doing that. but because the way in which she tore at me i told her basically to fuck off, which is something that i'd do to anybody regardless of gender, age, nationality, etc.

then she conflates my irritation with her tone (drunk, demented) with bullshit fable about "disrespecting women" and suddenly i am the harbinger of sexism on this planet, and guilty that sonic gail gets catcalled at work and that there are no girls in bands and that 9000 penises are raping children (ok this is my own addition). ridiculous and hilarious. but again, mass hysteria will always win the day on the internet or the tv news.

knox's tactic is to take any criticism of her and her drunken post and rather than acknowledge her own role in this bullshit she says "it's sexism and disrespect of women". well, fuck, i don't think it's that-- i think that she expects that because she's a woman people are going to do her bidding no matter how she treats them. i guess you can get away with being a rude drunk if you're a woman, or else everybody else is "sexist" and "disrespectful". that's some very convenient bullshit and a horrible logical fallacy.

if it was a guy i would have told him to eat a bag of dicks. maybe i'm being sexist for not having told her the same thing. ah, yes, "disrespectful".

i call bullshit, and i don't care if nobody else wants to see it, i still call bullshit, because that's what it is.

i'm not saying there is no sexism here or in the world, by the way. i'm saying that it's pretty convenient that a person can act like an asshole and then take cover under the mantle of sexism and get away with it.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|