View Single Post
Old 08.26.2013, 05:08 PM   #17302
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
in the last nolan flock he did seem to have the ability to turn up at exactly the right place at exactly the right time with no way to explain how he knew too do so

I liked Dark Knight, but it did seem a bit exaggerated to fit into the blow shit up to the extreme ethos of post-2000 Hollywood movies. It also was a bit lengthy for a just blow shit up movie without enough of the rich character development which previously separated Batman from other comic book hero sagas. Batman was also more overtly a morality play and a self-reflective exercise. However, it looks like the Nolan Batman movies went more the direction of Batman III and Batman IV rather than Batman and Batman Returns. The last two seemed more like caricatures of the first, only Tim Burton can flirt with campy and serious in the same movie, and even he has had some epic failures at that. So the way that Batman III and Batman IV seemed like caricature versions of Tim Burton's first two Batman films, the Nolan Batmans almost seem like caricatures of a violent blockbuster action movie.

For my part, Memento is one of the single greatest mind fuck films of all time, period. Insomnia was decent, if for finally creating a good villain role for Robin Williams, and Stephen King's dry and lifeless dialogue is suited for Al Pacino. Unlike a lot of people, I really liked Inception, it wasn't Memento good, but I liked it, even went to the theater to see it, one of the few in the past ten years that has dragged me to the cinema. With the Batmans, well, I always felt the violence was a bit over the top for Batman, and the character development a little shallow, but all in all, they were beautiful produced with fantastic cinematography and balanced effects in this era of terrible CGI overkill. (remeber when 3-D almost ruined movies for the 1980s, that is how I feel about post-2000s Star Wars CGI blockbusters, its like if I wanted to play a video game I would have just done that instead of trying to watch a film)..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|