View Single Post
Old 03.20.2012, 02:09 PM   #1
maropi
bad moon rising

maropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's assesmaropi kicks all y'all's asses
Nice gig past sunday on Apolo venue (La2), in Barcelona, 18th March 2012.

Considering that I find half Demoslished Thoughts a little boring because of the repetition scheme (too much similar songs to me), and having to compare this gig to the acoustic one I saw one year ago at Tanned Tin festival (it was awesome).... I still enjoyed that gig A LOT. We were happy "barcel-onions" there (crowd joke).

Really good performance, very good sound, musicians playing one meter in front of me, silent crowd (wow!), two encores. Perfect gig. Really good. But no harp.

My video recording will appear through dimeadozen sometime in the future (I'm quite busy right now).

But there was at least one complete stereo audio recording (middle venue), and a professional video camera taping the whole concert (from first line). Hey! If you read this, please share!

In addition.... The Thing played on monday 19th March, at the very small venue Círcol Maldŕ (50-70 pax, packed), near Las Ramblas, in the middle of gothic. Awesome, as expected, or better! And after the gig, Thurston appeared from the other room to share long jazzy thoughts with Mats Gustafsson, behind the merchandising table.

I did a picture from that moment. Are private pictures, dressed people, allowed here?

By the way, I heard him praise one Mats's vinyl, and I bought it, just in case he was right!

Cheers
maropi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|