View Single Post
Old 07.14.2010, 08:14 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Plateau

SuchFriendsAreDangerous, maybe you could try to do something about that, instead of being disappointed people aren't rioting in LA. Riots are a risky affaire. Remember Ian Tomlinson, who died during G20 protests in London in 2009.

its not that I am dissappointed in the lack of rioting and uprising in Los Angeles, its just that it was brutally obvious why the trial was moved to LA in the first place, as pigz get mad love in the LA courts in regards to shooting and police related homicides, and further, the immense and smothering sense of apathy to these crimes on the street is another frightening issue entirely..

I have massive respect for Athens and Oakland, not necessarily for rioting (after all in Oakland they didn't intend to riot at all rather the police pincered a crowd gathered to demonstrate and protest peacefully, and as often happens the pressure the police put on the crowd instigated violence) but simply for organizing and demonstrating solidarity against the system, where as my town seems to having whimpered in defeat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Plateau
Let's hope the guy that shot him has come to his senses and feels remorse.

Well, from a public letter he wrote, it sounds like he does.
Johannes Mehserle apologizes for shooting in letter

If the verdict is correct, then I think the sentence is appropriate.

Pigs are people too.

His remorse is feigned attempt at exoneration, we all saw the tape, we all know what really happened on the platform. further, pigs forfeit the right to be considered people once they put on the faceless and nameless identity of the badge and gun. they become "police officers" void of individual heart and reason, they group-think and crony their way against the grain of society and perpetuate injustice, poverty and crime through violence, brutality and massive corruption. sorry, the truth hurts but it remains the truth nonetheless...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|