View Single Post
Old 05.21.2008, 10:13 PM   #143
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
A few major ones off the top of my head:

Depeche Mode:

I don't hate these guys as much as I used to, but they're still somewhat disappointing. Somone recommended them to me about two years ago since I was heavily into The Cure at the time, and yeah, this just wasn't doing it. Again, I don't hate them as much as I used to. I can enjoy the odd single from them every now and then.

Dead Can Dance:

Thought they'd be similar to the Cocteau Twins. Some of their stuff is sonically impressive, but overall it's just way too bombastic sounding for my liking.

Animal Collective:

Rob put this one perfectly. They're pretty interesting when they can get their shit together, but too much filler keeps me away from listening to a full album of theirs. I still like Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished, though it's technically credited to Avey Tare & Panda Bear.

Refused:

I was quite excited to get The Shape of Punk to Come since my friend loves it (I usually trust his taste) and I thought the Ornette Coleman reference was neat. Immense disappointment. I'm not sure what the big deal about this band is. They just sound like a watered-down Fugazi with a shitty vocalist.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|