View Single Post
Old 05.28.2017, 11:45 AM   #48822
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
oh yeah yeah that's right. I'm really glad the label convinced them to change the name of the band. Haha.

Wait, what was the original? I forget.

Oh yeah, it was "Mookie Blaylock."

Seriously, WTF? What terrible Seattleites! I mean I know Ed wasn't a native, but still! Fuck that noise! What a god awful band name!

That just pisses me off to think about.

"Pearl Jam" is actually a pretty godforsaken terrible name too. Especially when you know it's origin story. Like, it becomes even dumber when you know what it means. But it's better than the alternative.

"Nirvana." Now that was an inspired band name. Fuck the British guys. OUR Nirvana. The name and the font. It's as immediately recognizable as the classic "The Beatles" logo that informed its typeface. Pure, elemental, slightly abstract conceptually, and, as always, a total contradiction to what the music actually sounded like.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|