View Single Post
Old 07.21.2010, 03:50 PM   #126
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
this exact shit is going on out in Temecula/Murrieta (not surprising, there are a lot of extreme rightists out there, even a lot of straight KKK and neo-nazis) where the Muslim community there (approx 200 families) is trying to build a large mosque/cultural center on a piece of land they have owned for a decade now.. it is right next to two churches (which to me makes it more than appropriate, clearly it is in the religious district) and would replace the ALREADY EXISTING mosque which is in a converted warehouse building in a crummy industrial park. The people there are fine with a mosque as long as the muslims have to pray in a shitty part of town, but heaven forbid they build a respectable, legitimate place of worship in their own community where they have lived, worked and sent their kids to school for years and years..

the opposition is absurdly claiming fear of terrorism, duh, there has already been a mosque there for years, and newsflash, no terrorists cells operating out of Temecula..
BIGGER NEWS FLASH, the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF TERRORIST ACTIVITIES IN THE US HAVE BEEN DOMESTIC, HOMEGROWN, RIGHT-WING AND EVEN CHRISTIAN FANATICS WHO BOMB GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS, ABORTION CLINICS, AND EVEN ASSASSINATE PEOPLE SITTING IN THE MIDDLE OF CHURCH!

it is simple and obvious racism, xenophobia, religious intolerance and bigotry.. I wonder who is instigating all the drama out there..

If there already is a mosque, and already is an establish and accepted muslim community, I just don't understand whats the beef !?

its classic for California, the "Not-In-My-Backyard" (yeah, sure have whatever you want, we got freedom, just don't do it near me or let it affect me in anyway) syndrome and of course the patented Californian "have your cake and eat it too" philosophy (let the muslims have religious freedom but lets highly restrict)

This is by no means a European problem, but I am sure it is much more concentrated there, but in the US we are backwards and ignorant more so than Europeans in general, that is precisely why I made this thread. Honestly, I EXPECT shit like this from americans but it surprises me to see it rather common place in Europe..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|