View Single Post
Old 07.23.2016, 03:41 PM   #11
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
you guys finish this? I was a little sad last night after watching the last one because I was growing attach to the characters just like I did as a kid.

overall, a success of a little show. the fat kid was straight up 80's goonies and I was waiting for Matthew Modine to do his John Wayne impression.

maybe the second season will have the same characters but with a completely different separate plot.

I finished it. And yeah, I'm sad too. It really packed the punch of a feature film, only extended over 8 hours (or 2 weeks, in my case).

I hear they're planning 2 more seasons, which feels appropriate. If it's not an isolated event, the only other thing that makes sense is turning it into a trilogy. I think the plot will obviously be an extension of the first season's. I've heard nothing about it being an "anthology" a la True Detective and American Horror Story.

Really well done. These Duffer Brothers, whoever they are, have really tapped into something. I think this is the best use of the Netflix platform this far, honestly.

Some questions were definitely left unanswered. which they seemed to acknowledge in the writing, in that final D&D scene, and the show ended essentially on a cliffhanger (or three), so I think it's going to have an extended arc.

Feels like a classic in the making. The "upside down" really reminded me of Neil Gaiman, especially Coraline. That's almost exactly how I pictured the unfinished world the "Mother" character stitches together to trap Coraline in that book. The movie kinda sucked.

Now I'm looking forward to American Gods on Starz, though I have no idea why that dude from Deadwoow is playing a Cubano Odin/Mr. Wednesday. I mean... what the fuck is that all about? That part has always belonged to Richard Attenborough... In my mind at least... though that dude may well be dead by now.

And I've always pictured Clive Owen (or maybe Bruce Willis) as Shadow. Clive's already got a deal with Starz, so why not kill two birds?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|