View Single Post
Old 08.31.2011, 12:55 PM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I see it as a fundamental core of reclaiming Kantian metaphysics without recourse to 'suppressed narratives' of Theism, viz, a 'properly' atheist outlook that doesn't even admit the possibility of Theism (unlike Dawkins, for my money). Object centered philosophy is kind of a way of talking about 'the real' (as such) without recourse to the kind of metaphysical jumps that Adorno criticises Kant for. It's possibly not as volatile an Atheism as Dawkins, but much, much stronger - (to my mind) it removes even the possibility of Theism entering the dialogue, vernacular, semiotic or suppressed predicates of a general metaphysics.

Hamilton-Grant is great (first translator of Lyotard!), as is Meillassoux, but I'm unsure about the others, and Collapse is really, really patchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|