View Single Post
Old 02.11.2015, 04:41 PM   #220
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Kanye knew it was an Album of the Year award.

There is no "Artist of the Year" award... Also, didn't Kanye present the fucking thing, then run back on stage to troll behind Beck?

And I agree with NR. Beck is more of an artist in the traditional sense. Beyoncé's awesomeness has nothing to do with artistic skill or talent. She's a voice, and a look and a brand... she works with extremely talented producers, and that's why some of her songs have pushed the boundaries of pop. It was the glitchy chainsaw synths that made Single Ladies sound like nothing else on the radio, and Beyoncé had fuckall to do with that.
Beyoncé is more than a manufactured pop star. she actually recorded 80 songs for her album. and it wasn't only her ambition and perfectionism that were a part of what made that album great, but also her artistic vision. it's Beyoncé who wanted Rocket to sound like a D'Angelo song, ***Flawless to be Houston-rap inspired. and i really like the content of the album as well. there are songs which reveal the "darker" side of her relationship with Jay, as well as female empowerment, dealing with today's beauty standards, etc. not to mention she's a great singer. it's the best female pop album in years if you ask me, and i definitely don't mind it being declared the "album of the year".

Bey's album is a lot more interesting than Beck's in my opinion. his album was pretty much a watered down version of Sea Change.. but it's all about timing i guess.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|