View Single Post
Old 05.18.2015, 09:43 PM   #18823
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha ha

i need to rewatch buffao 66 now

re: brown bunny-- while i get that the movie is dealing with a partially deranged mind, just as in buffalo 66, the more poetic quality of this one vs the more narrative one in buffalo 66 doesn't completely work for me.

yes, there are some beautiful shots and scenes (not the blowjob, which was probably only added to get at harmony korine), but as a whole it doesn't work for me. i had to watch it 3 times because the first 2 i fell asleep (this is an approximate number)-- when i finally got into it okay, i appreciate some qualities of it, but i also tend to hate suprise endings of the "it was only a dream after all!" type. they're often a cheap device and a bit of a con job on the audience.

so while i'd keep a lot of the footage and scenes i'd look for a different structure to present that scenario. what she suffered, how he abandoned her, etc., is only a footnote to his solitary drivings.

then again of course if you show that at the beginning you can't really' justify the long rambling road sequences.

i think that he had a good idea, but given that the execution is by nature very difficult, the soufflé came out a bit flat in the end.

i have to see his movies after that. i completely missed the fact that "promises written in water" exists.

Do it. I need it on Blu-ray. Now.

Why Korine? In love with Chole from her Gummo and KIDS days?

All valid points. I just need to rewatch it and revaluate after the bar has been raised with Buffalo '66 . Last time I saw it was 300 years ago on Netflix, up here in Canada.

I think for me, it was the emotional state of Gallo, after the emotion and infamous non-simulated sex scene that really put the bow on the whole film.
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|