View Single Post
Old 03.24.2017, 12:18 PM   #1095
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
YESSSSSSSSSSS Madoka is legit. I haven't watch the 'remake' or whatver it is, but the show is pretty fucked up. Wasn't expecting that.

EDIT: The only reason I watched it is because of an article someone wrote on Kotaku. They mentioned that this wasn't your typical magical girl anime. It's dark and not necessarily in a creepy way either. Anyways....it's a pretty good one.

Yeah I'm only talking about the series. I love magical girl anime generally, and I knew Madoka played around with it so delayed watching it cos the simplicity and innocence of those series is a large part of their appeal for me. But Madoka doesn't just fuck around with that, as you say it gets really dark in parts, to the point where it's pretty depressing. Not what I'd normally want from a magical girll series at all but it does it so well. And it's not just about the story, some of the animation sequences, especially involving the witches, are truly amazing.

Symbols: Madoka would be an interesting choice for halloween. It's not horror by any means but could sort of work. Bear in mind though, it's a series not a film so it's a lot of watching.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|