View Single Post
Old 06.12.2006, 08:21 PM   #108
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegmscope
and speaking of which, I'm sure I own more circle albums than anyone else here.

i'm going to hazard a guess that i own more fushitsusha records than anyone here, although i doubt anyone is envious of that

my two pence:

mouthus - their slow globes LP is very good and grew on me a lot, if you can't find it then download it because it came out in a limited quantity

high rise - superb, like a spazzed out Band of Gypsys meets motorhead, get whatever records you can

comets on fire - these guys are similar to high rise in a way, although not so much motorhead more of a spaced out blue cheer, field recordings from the sun is a great record.

Charalambides - these guys are one of my favourite bands around at the moment, joy shapes is an easily obtainable and great record, most of their releases are very limited though. their siltbreeze releases from the 90s, market square, union and houston (out of print, and sometimes a little pricey) are quite different to the later stuff, more song based but excellent too. then there's all the side projects & solo stuff....

Bardo Pond - amanita, lapsed & on the ellipse are my 3 favourites, but they're a difficult band to go wrong with. big laughing jym isn't so good. make sure you see them live before you die.

roy montgomery - check out hash jar tempo, his super-group with bardo pond. i have a split 7" by him and the azusa plane which is really really wonderful too, i got it for about £1 on ebay. and temple IV is lovely album.

merzbow - rainbow electronics (the first one) is pretty much the best noise record i've ever heard, there's so much detail. it's probably quite difficult to find outside japan so soulseek might be the best option.

Redman - muddy waters is supposed to be the best redman album although i haven't heard it, he's a good rapper and everything, but the albums i've heard from him have been a bit patchy, but he's done some great tracks for sure.

the shadow ring - you can get their 7"s cheap on ebay, and they're all very good and weird. otherwise i'd recommend Hold On To I.D. or Lighthouse as they're very good and probably not impossible to track down. their last record I'm Some Songs was shit though.

Fushitsusha - get anything they put out up to the year 2000, avoid everything after that. PSF 50 "pathetique" is a good one to start with.

Yoshimi & Yuka - really nice and unique
The For Carnation - what porkmarras said
Kites - rubbish
God Is My Co-Pilot - rubbish
Chrome - half machine lip moves!
Archie Shepp - i've never really got the appeal with shepp
Third Eye Foundation - what pork said
Experimental Audio Research - from what i've listened to/seen live you aren't missing much
Tangerine Dream - Zeit, Alpha Centauri
Windy And Carl - instrospection, depths, conciousness, terrastock 6 live set too
the Incredible String Band - the hangman's beautiful daughter, layers of the onion.

Khanate - i don't get it with this band at all, i'd just say listen to early swans instead
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|