View Single Post
Old 03.05.2016, 07:44 PM   #1020
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
You guys really need to listen to this Bas record. Here, here's the title track:

Bas - "Too High to Riot" YouTube

Here's another joint:
Bas - "Methylone" (feat. Cozz) Official YouTube

This is an interesting album for 2016. It has drug themes, but doesn't promote drug use or necessarily speak out against it. It's very lyrical and philosophical, like something you'd hear in the late '90s during Talib and Mos's era. It has a definite underground feel to it, and it's a little spiritual, but it doesn't bash you over the head with hoodoo horseshit like the most recent Underachievers album. The production is clean and fresh, reminiscent of Lupe's Tetsuo & Youth at times, with that kind of Spring time, Gershwin feel. But the production is never the big show. It's along the lines of Kendrick and the few other rappers who are trying to talk about more than how great they are.

It sometimes sounds a bit dated to me, but maybe that's just because it's not club rap, and so much of what's out now is. There's a psychedelic feel to it that at times reminds me of At.Long.Last.A$AP.

I'm really eager to hear what you guys think. This release just kinda came out of nowhere for me, and I've been trying to proved it alongside several other new/recently purchased albums

*shrug*
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|