View Single Post
Old 03.05.2016, 07:27 PM   #1019
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
No they sucked

Hah! Yes. I understand this now. But there was a time when a lot of people, including myself, thought he was incredible. Didn't realize just how bad he was (not technically bad, just musically and lyircally and conceptually bad) until I saw that video where he was falling off the building rapping about boring ass dramatic Christ-figure bullshit. When was that? That he basically became the Creed of rap? Way too conscious of his own "bigness"? Was that Encore? Whatever.

Yeah he sucks, but he didn't always suck as much as he sucks now and has sucked since... 1999. Ha!

There were a few moments on MMLPII that got my blood up, but that can happen with anyone. He's awful. Everything about him is terrible. I partially blame him for Lil Wayne's fall from grace. Em was scared that Wayne was better than he was (even rapped about it), and then he appeared on Rebirth and Wayne never sounded the same again.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that Kendrick makes it painfully obvious how utterly small many "technical" rappers really are. Em is a joke by comparison.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|