View Single Post
Old 10.19.2017, 10:11 AM   #21682
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i sort of agree with some of the things gogol bordello said

the fact that it’s a sequel does hamper things. forces you to remember stuff that you shouldn’t need. could have been shown a little instead of just told (in very small letters). i know the original movie well so i didn’t need to ask myself— “who is this guy the dude is killing?” — but non-fans had to, and did not understand.

the lines that leto spouted appeared as serious bullshit but not really. he’s been described as having been modeled after a silicon valley entrepreneur— and yeah he’s like an elon musk gone bonkers.

the problem with not understanding what he’s saying, again, comes from this being a sequel, and the background not made fully clear. we know from the original that replicants were being used to conquer new words. leto here throws that back in but again it’s telling not showing. and it’s a bit too much information to just tell. could have used some of the time from the mood shots to show.

so even near the end when deckard asks where are we going and the sociopath android says “home”, took me a bit to realize they were going off world not to tyrell headquarters (or wherever their company headquarters were). from what happens here, the pools, the new model revealed etc, it would look like hq building is on earth.

as for the need for harrison ford— all that he does in the end is go to the dotter. his job is basically to inform sad eyes that he’s not the messiah. and it provides a nice nostalgic filler but it’s not really essential to the plot is it? i mean, i loved the whole part where he’s in it, enjoyed the most his line about the dog, but that’s just candy for fanboys like me. and why did he have to be the last shot of the movie? i don’t know. the whole rigamarole about him being tempted with cgi rachel is just a ploy for him to reveal the whereabouts of the baby. it’s all about the damn baby. he’s a diversion— a great one for fans, but a diversion in the end.

it’s a wonderful movie and i enjoyed it greatly but it does have its limits. rather than going into denial of other perspectives i find more interesting to see why people read things in certain ways.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|