View Single Post
Old 07.12.2013, 02:36 PM   #57
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
ES: You still like watching basketball?
HO: Except for the playoffs, I cannot watch a whole game now. Every time I watch it, I see people take bad shots. I see a lot of fundamental mistakes. These are pros. I mean, when you get to the pro level, your decision-making should be better. Your basketball IQ should be higher.

Dream always tells it like it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
wouldn't have worked. Hakeem was WAY to built on the fundamentals of the game, .

Hahaha.. just like I said, the Dream relies too much on fundamentals to play with MJ, which is why Hakeem taught this art to Lebron and taught him to shoot smart rather then simply to force shots on his athleticism. THAT is something Jordan would never have been able to accept in the long run. Fundamentals weren't Jordan's specialty..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
You don;t think Jordan would have cream-dreamed playing far less hard D? he never had a reliable 1 to hold the paint.

Nope. They never had a reliable big in the paint because Jordan's style was a preview of the Small-Ball which has steam-rolled the Heat into 2 Championships, a 27 game win streak, and three consecutive Finals appearances.

Jordan's style would clash with a big, a big dude would just clog the lane for his drives and cuts to the basket. Further, it negates the power of Jordan's mid-range jumpers. Again, Dream wouldn't have liked it either, because he wouldn't have gotten nearly enough touches. Rodman thrived on the Bulls because he could care less about scoring, but Dream was a scorer, not just a bulk defender. It is interesting to me how the Bulls won 6 championships without relying on a powerful big in the paint, and yet conversely the Lakers with Phil Jackson ONLY won their five championships on the back of Shaq/Odom/Pau/Bynum dominating under the basket

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|