View Single Post
Old 10.14.2016, 08:40 PM   #296
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
This Solange has a real Thom Yorke feel in a good way I think its what is bringing me into it.. feels like if Radiohead went neo-soul on us.. nice..
I don't know if I should call this a guilty pleasure or just admit its a good record

Dude, why would this be a guilty pleasure?
Is it because when she started out she was kind of a Kesha-level teen alt-pop type? I don't know... I never listened to her first album, but her early stuff kind of had that look to it.

Whatever though. It's just a good album. A great album really. And I get where you're coming from with the Radiohead comment. But I think we think of it that way because Radiohead really managed to perfect highly intelligent music with a vocal focus that was both experimental and approachable at once.

The new Nicolas Jaar reminds me of Radiohead a bit too.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|